Waiver Services Professional- Weekend Package
- Full Time
House Location: Carroll, IA
Hours: Full-time, Weekends, Friday 8 am-Sat 11:59 pm
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide active treatment through the involvement of members in structured and leisure activities.
- Encourage participation in activities of daily living to the full extent of the member’s capabilities.
- Implement and document individual program plan as directed.
- Inform the Director of Waiver Services promptly of all changes in member’s status, behavior and/or response to programming.
- Implement health care as directed.
- Notify Waiver Home Coordinator or Director of Waiver Services of any significant changes in member’s health status.
- Maintain the safety of members through established safety procedures.
- Administer emergency first aid.
- Provide therapies according to departmental guidelines.
- Assist with bathing, dressing, tooth brushing, toileting, and other personal hygiene routines according to the member’s level of independence.
- Maintain a safe, clean, home-like environment by following established cleaning schedules.
- Provide opportunities for members to take part in routine housekeeping duties according to the member’s level of independence.
- Inform the Director of Waiver Services of any mechanical breakdowns or environmental hazards.
- Serve as an advocate for client/member rights.
- Maintain flexibility of schedules to provide adequate coverage.
- Assist in ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the organization by performing all duties as assigned by the supervisor/manager.
- Maintain professional competency by participating in continuing education, in-services, and personal growth experiences.
- Protect the privacy of clients/members and staff by maintaining the confidentiality of records and personal information and follow all policies and procedures under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works in a changing environment that adjusts to the needs of the individuals being serviced. The environment may be fast-paced with interruptions, distractions, and deadlines. Must be flexible and be able to adjust to changing needs or activities. Depending on the needs of the individuals, the work can be physically demanding including transferring or supporting people with mobility needs, lifting or moving items over 50 pounds, walking, sitting or standing for extended periods of time or providing support through CPR/First Aid, behavioral support, and other interventions. The noise level is usually mild to moderate.
- High School Diploma or GED. Someone currently pursuing a Diploma or GED will be considered.
- Training and/or experience in working with individuals who have disabilities preferred.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Medication Manager Certification required, or must be obtained within 90 days from date of hire.
- Must be able to complete required training specific to HCBS Waiver Services according to the defined timeline.
- Must have a sincere respect for and desire to work with persons with disabilities.
- Commitment to Opportunity Living’s Mission and Vision.
- Must have the ability to communicate with all persons in a culturally competent manner.
- Ability to pass criminal/registry background checks.
- Clear tuberculosis screening.
- Must be able to maintain required trainings such as CPR/First Aid, Dependent Adult/Child Abuse, and Behavior Management Program, or other training as assigned per specific job duties.
Brook Mikkelsen - Director of Human Resources