Direct Support Professional- Weekend Package
- Part Time
We are offering a weekend package:
1st & 3rd weekends per month, Saturday & Sunday, 8 am-10 pm
2nd & 4th weekends per month; Saturday & Sunday, 8 am-10 pm
Every other weekend, Saturday and Sunday from 8 am - 10 pm
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide active treatment through the involvement of clients/consumers in structured and leisure activities.
- Encourage participation in activities of daily living to the full extent of the client’s/consumer’s capabilities.
- Participate in interdisciplinary teams as assigned.
- Implement and document the Individual Program Plan (IPP) as directed by the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT).
- Inform Senior Counselors promptly of all changes in client’s/consumer’s status, behavior, and/or response to programming.
- Implement health care as directed by Health Services.
- Notify Health Services of any significant changes in the client’s/consumer’s health status.
- Maintain the safety of clients/consumers through established safety procedures.
- Administer emergency first aid.
- Provide therapies according to departmental guidelines.
- Assist with regular bathing, dressing, tooth brushing, toileting, and other personal hygiene routines according to the client’s/consumer’s level of independence.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and home-like environment by following established cleaning schedules.
- Provide opportunities for clients/consumers to take part in routine housekeeping duties according to the client’s/consumer’s level of independence.
- Inform the Senior Counselor of any mechanical breakdowns or environmental hazards.
- Serve as an advocate for client/consumer rights.
- Maintain flexibility of schedules to provide adequate coverage.
- Assist in ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the organization by performing all duties as assigned by the supervisor/manager.
- Maintain professional competency by participating in continuing education, in-services, and personal growth experiences.
- Protect the privacy of clients/consumers and staff by maintaining the confidentiality of records and personal information and follow all policies and procedures under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works in a changing environment that adjusts to the needs of the individuals being serviced. The environment may be fast-paced with interruptions, distractions, and deadlines. Must be flexible and be able to adjust to changing needs or activities. Depending on the needs of the individuals, the work can be physically demanding including transferring or supporting people with mobility needs, lifting or moving items over 50 pounds, walking or standing for extended periods of time, or providing support through CPR/First Aid, behavioral support, and other interventions. The noise level is usually mild to moderate.
- High School Diploma or GED. Someone currently pursuing a Diploma or GED will be considered.
- Training and/or experience in developmental disabilities preferred.
- Must have a sincere respect for and desire to work with persons with disabilities.
- Commitment to Opportunity Living’s Mission and Vision.
- Must have the ability to communicate with all persons in a culturally competent manner.
- Ability to pass criminal/registry background checks.
- Clear tuberculosis screening.
- Ability to pass and maintain required trainings such as CPR/First Aid, Dependent Adult/Child Abuse, and Physical Intervention Alternatives (PIA), or other training as assigned per specific job duties.
Brook Mikkelsen - Director of Human Resources