- Part Time
1890 E Main St
Lake City, IA 51449, US
Responsible for observing all swimming patrons in order to prevent and respond to emergencies, and provide a positive and safe recreational experience.
- Maintain constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of an emergency.
- Provide emergency care and treatment required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- File and maintain adequate record keeping of patron attendance and admission.
- Secure all money that is received for admission, facility use, and operation of equipment.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Lock all doors and secure the entire facility after regular business hours.
- Answer incoming calls.
- Check the gauges that monitor pool operations.
- Monitor pool chemical levels.
- Gather articles around pool deck, gym, and locker rooms and place in Lost and Found when necessary.
- Gather and empty trash to disposal areas.
- Maintain flexibility of schedules to provide adequate coverage.
- Assist in ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the organization by performing all duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Maintain professional competency by participating in continuing education, in-services, and personal growth experiences.
- Protect the privacy of clients/members and staff by maintaining confidentiality of records and personal information and follow all policies and procedures under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Certified Lifeguard and current training in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Must have sincere respect for and desire to work with persons with disabilities.
- Commitment to Opportunity Living’s Mission and Vision.
- Must have the ability to communicate with all persons in a culturally competent manner.
- Ability to pass criminal/registry background checks.
- Clear tuberculosis screening.
- Ability to pass and maintain required trainings such as CPR/First Aid, Dependent Adult/Child Abuse, and Behavior Management Program, or other training as assigned per specific job duties.
Brook Mikkelsen - Director of Human Resources