Administrative Office Assistant - $2,000 BONUS!
- Full Time
1890 East Main Street
Lake City, IA 51449, US
Location: Lake City
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
The Administrative Office Assistant provides high-level administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Directors, and other administrators. Ensures the organized completion of job tasks by the secretarial team and functions as a team leader.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform as the administrative assistant to the CEO, CFO, Directors, and others and be responsible for completion of tasks as directed.
- Compose, type and edit correspondences, reports, memoranda and other materials as assigned by directors/administrative staff.
- Complete and distribute monthly administrative reports to Board Members.
- Be responsible for the administrative duties at monthly board and committee meetings as assigned, including the documentation and distribution of meeting minutes.
- Assist in the scheduling, organization, and set-up of meetings, trainings, events, etc. Maintain the calendar for conference rooms/training rooms.
- Schedule for repair of office equipment through contracted service agreements or with repair specialists.
- Ensure supplies are available for all office equipment through the Director of Facilities Management.
- Operates office machines as required.
- Assist the Director of Community Relations and Development with special events, planning and coordinating for fundraisers.
- Assist staff with printing, copying, and faxing as needed.
- Aid in the CARF reporting and documentation process.
- Provide regular communication, feedback, and information sharing with staff.
- Maintain flexibility of schedules to provide adequate front desk coverage.
- Attend meetings and other work functions outside of regular office hours when needed.
- Assist in ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the organization by performing all duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Maintain professional competency by participating in continuing education, in-services, and personal growth experiences.
- Protect the privacy of clients and staff by maintaining confidentiality of records and personal information and follow all policies and procedures under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Admin to our Doc Records program and complete scanning of client documents.
- Assist in keeping supplemental program and donation software up to date.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate’s Degree or two years’ experience in a secretarial, administrative assistant, or other related position preferred.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient on computers and working with office equipment. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Ability to type 60 words a minute.
- Must be detail-oriented and have good organizational skills.
- Must be able to collaborate with many different individuals across departments, inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Must be able to perform job duties with frequent interruptions or distractions and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and the public.
- Must have a sincere respect for and desire to work with persons with disabilities.
- Commitment to Opportunity Living’s Mission and Vision.
- Must have the ability to communicate with all persons in a culturally competent manner.
- Ability to pass criminal/registry background checks.
- Clear tuberculosis screening.
- Ability to pass and maintain required trainings such as CPR/First Aid, Dependent Adult/Child Abuse, and Behavior Management Program, or other training as assigned per specific job duties.
Teresa Irwin - Human Resources Director