- Full Time
1890 East Main St
Lake City, IA 51449, US
Assist in maintaining a clean, orderly, and safe environment at the assigned Opportunity Living sites. Maintain the proper level of cleaning supplies and assist in the receipt and delivery of organization goods. Sweep, mop, scrub, and vacuum floors of buildings using cleaning solutions, tools, and equipment.
- Clean and supply restrooms.
- Dust furniture, wall trim doors, and window sills on a routine basis.
- Perform seasonal duties on the assigned grounds.
- Clean windows.
- Complete the washing, drying, folding, and sorting of all laundry items as required.
- Maintain the proper level of cleaning supplies and deliver supplies when needed.
- Notify the appropriate supervisor when supplies are needed for cleaning duties.
- Notify the appropriate supervisor concerning need for repairs.
- Assist in the receiving and delivery of organization goods to and from the proper sites as needed.
- Assist in ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the organization by performing all duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Maintain professional competency by participating in continuing education, in-services, and personal growth experiences.
- Protect the privacy of clients/members and staff by maintaining confidentiality of records and personal information and follow all policies and procedures under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
- Must have a sincere respect for and desire to work with persons with disabilities.
- Commitment to Opportunity Living’s Mission and Vision.
- Must have the ability to communicate with all persons in a culturally competent manner.
- Ability to pass criminal/registry background checks.
- Clear tuberculosis screening.
- Ability to pass and maintain required trainings such as CPR/First Aid, Dependent Adult/Child Abuse, and Behavior Management Program, or other training as assigned per specific job duties.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works in a changing environment that adjusts to the needs of the individuals being serviced. The environment may be fast-paced with interruptions, distractions and deadlines. Must be flexible and be able to adjust to changing needs or activities. Depending on the needs of the individuals, the work can be physically demanding including transferring or supporting people with mobility needs, lifting or moving items over 50 pounds, walking or standing for extended periods of time. Regularly required to use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Noise level is usually mild to moderate.
Teresa Irwin - Director of Human Resources