Activity Support Professional- Art Studio
- Full Time
1890 East Main St
Lake City, IA 51449, US
Coordinate the activities and supervise the programs for the clients/members who come to the activity center.
- Ensure programs or activities planned for classroomareas are prepared and performed.
- Assist the Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional (QIDP) by providing input for programs for clients to be run in the activity areas.
- Inform the Director of Community Living, QIDP, and nursing staff of any problems noted with assigned groups, including health concerns, client care, and progress on clients’ programs.
- Ensure that clients are actively involved in the day program in a functional and appropriate manner.
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Teams (IDTs) as assigned.
- Implement and document individual program plan as directed by the IDT.
- Serve as advocate for client rights.
- Maintain flexibility of schedules to provide adequate coverage.
- Assist in ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the organization by performing all duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Maintain professional competency by participating in continuing education, in-services, and personal growth experiences.
- Protect the privacy of clients and staff by maintaining confidentiality of records and personal information and follow all policies and procedures under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Training and/or experience in developmental disabilities preferred.
- Must have a sincere respect for and desire to work with persons with disabilities.
- Commitment to Opportunity Living’s Mission and Vision.
- Must have the ability to communicate with all persons in a culturally competent manner.
- Good leadership, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to pass criminal/registry background checks.
- Clear tuberculosis screening.
- Ability to pass and maintain required trainings such as CPR/First Aid, Dependent Adult/Child Abuse, and Behavior Management Program, or other training as assigned per specific job duties.
Brook Mikkelsen - Director of Human Resources