- Full Time
1890 East Main St
Lake City, IA 51449, US
Perform daily accounting procedures and regularly assist the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Associates Degree in Accounting (Bachelor’s degree preferred) or related field of study with two years of accounting experience; or equivalent combination of experience and/or education.
- Training or experience in computer applications. Knowledge and experience in Excel required.
- Must be detail-oriented with effective time management skills.
- Training and/or experience in developmental disabilities preferred.
- Must have a sincere respect for and desire to work with persons with disabilities.
- Commitment to Opportunity Living’s Mission and Vision.
- Must have the ability to communicate with all persons in a culturally competent manner.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to pass criminal/registry background checks.
- Clear tuberculosis screening.
- Ability to pass and maintain required trainings such as CPR/First Aid, Dependent Adult/Child Abuse, and Behavior Management Program or other training as assigned per specific job duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in preparing monthly billings, including Medicaid, ensuring timely receipt of reimbursements.
- Facilitate accurate and timely payment of bills, and record accounts payable.
- Assist with filing of all accounting records.
- Assist with other accounting functions, such as, but not limited to, depreciation and posting of accounts receivable payments.
- Prepare annual information returns (Forms 1099) for contracted services, medical payments, and rental payments.
- Complete annual reporting for each client/member as required by the Social Security Administration and Department of Human Services.
- Assist in maintaining records of donations and pledges.
- Assist with employee time sheet review and payroll duties when needed as a back up to the Human Resources department.
- Backup and assist the Chief Financial Officer with duties as assigned.
- Assist in ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the organization by performing all duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Maintain professional competency by participating in continuing education, in-services, and personal growth experiences.
- Protect the privacy of clients/members and staff by maintaining confidentiality of records and personal information and follow all policies and procedures under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Protect the integrity of the Organization by maintaining confidentiality regarding the Organization’s finances.